Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Festival of Flowers

Greenwood's springtime spectacular is the Festival of Flowers, a monthlong event celebrating flowers and anything else you want. This year I started off at the Greenwood Festival Chorale concert on June 7th. I missed the Wine Walk that first weekend, off farm touring with the in-laws. Last weekend my tandem rode in the Bee Buzzin' bike tour Saturday morning and then my sister accompanied me to the afternoon matinee of Hairspray at the community theatre. There is always a big musical during the Festival and this was a good one. This coming weekend I plan to take in the Arts & Crafts show, maybe the photography exhibit, garden tours and a visit to Park Seed for the trial gardens and a presentation on unique veggies.

There is truly something for everyone during the Festival. It's a great time to be in Greenwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment